2014 was an adventure and a half. All the drives and the plane rides and photoshoots and concerts and good people made it one of the best yet. I hope 2015 brings the same, and then some. Some things I did and learned and took photos of are below.
- Experienced what was probably the most fun New Year’s Eve I’ve ever had dancing on a stage with my very favorite people.
- Hit a 5-year milestone. Left a lot of sadness behind.
- Made a goal to leave the state of Nebraska at least once every month. Failed to successfully leave in month one.
- Made a last-minute trip to Denver, and spent an amazing day on the slopes for the first time in a long while.
- Watched a lot of Netflix.
- Spent many nights yelling at my computer and building my photography website.
- Went bowling a lot.
- Spent time photographing bands at SXSW for the second year in a row.
- Threw the most fun 50th birthday bash for my mom.
- Bought a lot of plants.
- Crossed Asia off my list of continents with a trip to Thailand with Rachel. Rode an elephant.
- Explored foreign cities (Bangkok and Beijing) by myself for the first time.
- Had a blast with friends shooting a video for Maha Music Festival’s lineup announcement.
- Welcomed lots of new people to the Flywheel team. Hired my first ever intern.
- Celebrated 23 trips around the sun.
- DJ’d Big Omaha’s closing party with the founder of Twitter. Still confused as to how that happened.
- Went to my first real conference in Boston. Had to make friends with strangers.
- Watched my little brother graduate from 8th grade. Realized he might be one of the coolest people I know.
- Visited New York City for the first time. Spent a whole day lying in the grass in Central Park with Alex.
- Watched one my favorite bands finally perform in Omaha.
- Went to my 5-year high school reunion (what?).
- Spent a lot of time drinking and eating on patios. Decided La Buvette is one of my favorite places in the world.
- Bought a really cute yellow bike.
- Said goodbye to Lauren before her move to West Virginia.
- Went to Vail for the first time in more than 5 years.
- White-water rafted and didn’t die.
- Discovered that I really hate disc golf.
- Went to New York City again. Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge again. Experienced my first WordCamp with the Flywheel team.
- Listened to Jenny Lewis play Rilo Kiley’s “A Better Son/Daughter” live and cried a little.
- Went to Vail again to photograph my first real wedding.
- Saw Death Cab for Cutie live at Maha and felt all the feels.
- Spent time in Idaho with really good people.
- Moved to a new office with Flywheel. Fell in love with new office.
- Moved into a new apartment all by myself.
- Grew up fast and cared for my sick grandma while my mom was across the world. Realized that my mom is superwoman.
- Started taking pottery classes. Found a new hobby.
- Freelanced, freelanced, freelanced.
- Met a friend’s brand new baby. Realized adulthood is here. Had brief quarter-life freakout.
- Ate a turkey leg at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch.
- Celebrated being in a happy, healthy relationship for a whole year with Alex.
- Crossed the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Spent Halloween with (almost) all of my very best friends in Chicago.
- Reunited with Rachel after her year in Japan.
- Helped launch Omaha’s very first Sofar Sounds show.
- Went to the Shedd Aquarium again. Obsessed over the beluga whales.
- Visited Canada for the fist time. Ate poutine.
- Presented my photography take on Home Alone at Pecha Kucha’s “Storytime” event. Didn’t throw up.
- Cried and hugged and celebrated the life of a high school friend’s beautiful, wonderful mother.
- Celebrated the holidays with new co-workers and new friends.
- Booked a flight to New Zealand with Alex to start 2015 off with a hell of an adventure.
- Rang in the new year feeling very grateful.
On to the next one. Thanks for reading :)